Expert Business Developer
Engineers, scientists and technologists don’t develop business. Or do they?
Are you missing the benefits from this untapped resource? Without disturbing their essential contribution, technical staff can be equipped with the confidence to develop business. Eliminate the chance that opportunities will go unrecognised, and enable new opportunities to be realised with enhanced communication strategies, and structured business building processes. Access the rewards of winning more bids, and the profitable long-term business relationships they will help to build.
Expert Business Developer has two levels. The first level is designed for those who are making the transition from a technical or professional role to a business development focus. The second level is for those who have been in the BD role for some time and want to extend their skill set. Both of these modules are tailored to fit the needs of the particular business environment so that business developers have maximum impact and clarity around their target areas.
Level one centres around building advanced rapport and networking skills helping grow talents for building long lasting business relationships.
- The Communication for Influence Model (CIM)
- The use of positive body language
- Observation skills – reading micro cues
- Influential language for business development
- Values based business development principles
- Attention Filters – know how to influence and direct what people pay attention to
- Networking techniques for events, conferences and seminars
Level two shifts the focus to strategic issues that build on the skills from level one deepening knowledge with practical techniques. The use of live business development issues allows participants to leave with plans that they can implement back in the workplace.
- Building an effective business development action strategy
- Developing strategies in niches for business development
- Running effective Client meetings
- Creating messages that influence
- Using social media for networking (Linked In etc)
- Building authority and reputation
- Differentiation and being remembered
“I have worked with Evolution Training for the past 12 years. They are flexible, able to put together bespoke, value-add training and are excellent at delivery and follow up. This is not ‘off the shelf’ training, this is training focused on our business needs”